Civil Law and Personal Injury (PI)
Our court system in the United States allows for civil trial law or civil litigation to ensure that just compensation is given to personal injury victims to allow them to recover fully from their injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Traynor Law Firm wants to represent our clients in personal injury claims to help you receive a fair settlement for the personal injury you have suffered due to a third party’s negligence. If you have suffered due to a third party’s negligence give us a call today at 877-872-9667 or fill out our online contact form. Negligence can be an action, such as texting while driving, or a failure to act in a safe manner, such as a landlord failing to repair a broken step at his apartment building. Negligence must be proven in a PI civil suit.
Four Factors in Supporting Negligence in a Personal Injury Claim
The plaintiff (the person who is filing the lawsuit) must provide evidence of four factors:
- Duty of care was owed to the plaintiff by the defendant. A person or entity must avoid causing injury to someone.
- The defendant was in breach of the duty of care. The plaintiff must show that the defendant failed to carry out their duty of care.
- The breach in duty of care caused the plaintiff’s injuries. The plaintiff must establish that prior accidents did not cause the injury or that the accident in question caused greater injury to an existing problem.
- The plaintiff suffered physical and financial damages as a result of the injuries. The damages can include financial losses that have already occurred due to the injury and financial losses that will occur in the future due to the injury. Damages include medical bills, lost wages, future medical care costs, special accommodations, pain and suffering, etc.
North Dakota Personal Injury Focus
The personal injury team at Traynor Law Firm focuses our efforts on injuries suffered from:
- Car wrecks
- Truck or big rig accidents
- Traffic accidents
- Trailer-truck accidents
- Oil field accidents, including:
- Burn injuries or explosions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Toxic fumes and chemical exposure
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Improper safety measures
- Oil rig accidents
- Pipeline injuries
Contact our specialists today to start your personal injury claim and recover the compensation you need to put your life back together. We offer a free consultation, and we handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis.
If you or a loved one was the victim of serious personal injury accident, we want to provide you with the legal help you need. Please fill out our contact form or do not hesitate to call us at 877-872-9667.